Custom Toroidal Transformer and Hi-Current Amps
Backed by 70 years experience building amplifiers and high-grade audio components, the TX-RZ900 custom toroidal transformer and capacitors help to reproduce ultra low frequencies down to 5 Hz so you can feel the bass impact in your chest. Our high-current amplification system also enables enhanced control of the speakers for accurate and dynamic sound.
This delivers massive power at 200 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven) 140 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven).
With parallel “push-pull” amplification, the receiver's transistors alternately "push" and "pull" the current. In pairs, one output device (i.e. a transistor) will amplify the positive half of the waveform, while another output device will amplify the negative half of the waveform. Push-pull amplification has the advantage of efficiency, but can be affected by occasional distortion. Onkyo has countered this by including a three-stage inverted Darlington circuit to significantly reduce distortion.
Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry incorporates a low negative feedback design that results in more natural sound. This circuitry gives the amplifier power, high instantaneous current, and efficiency that is simply unrivalled in its class.
Smooth Analog Signal
Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the signal in its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal.
The signal's data is converted between sampling points and joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result is a virtually noiseless, smooth, analog signal that brings out even the most subtle of nuances in music sources.
THX®-Certified Amp Quality
At the cinema, you practically feel the sound of the movie you're watching. With your own Onkyo THX certified receiver, you get that same thrilling tactile sound in your own home. THX certification guarantees the same high volume, low distortion sound you experience in a commercial theater in your listening room.
The TX-RZ900 meets the most demanding & rigorous performance certification: it has to pass 75 test categories, 2,000 tests, covering 14,000 data points. THX® Select2™ Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances of 10-12 feet. DTS:X Compatible
DTS:X is a next-generation object-based surround sound technology that includes height to deliver a fully-immersive listening experience. DTS:X provides listeners the ultimate in flexibility, immersion, and interactivity. Unlike channel-based audio, you will be able to personalize your audio experience.
For example, you can turn up JUST the dialog within a mix. DTS:X allows you to customize to your room layout as well as control dialog and dynamic range. Supports Dolby Atmos® Up to 5.1.2 Channels
With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead. The format combines a channel-based audio bed with object-oriented sound to place and move specific effects around the room, creating a breathtakingly realistic and captivating sonic atmosphere.
Sound designers and artists are free to mix in a 3D space, steering effects through surround channels and adding a seamless overhead dimension with discrete height channels.
Additionally, a new Dolby surround up-mixer allows for your current channel-based content (that has not been mixed for Dolby Atmos) to be expanded to fill the flexible speaker layouts of a Dolby Atmos system.Ready for UltraHD
The latest HDMI specification and HDCP 2.2 compatibility support the latest formats and technologies planned for Hollywood content. This latest HDMI spec offers a significant increase in bandwidth (up to 18Gbps) to support new features such as 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, and 4:4:4 color space.
This Onkyo AVR enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats, and provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.Multi-zone Audio and Video
The TX-RZ900 features Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2/3 Pre/Line-Outs for distributed audio playback, including Zone 2 digital audio and network audio output. Control the audio content in the zones via remote app; play the same song in all zones using Whole House Mode; or enjoy a different song in each room.
Further, there is Zone 2 HDMI output for HD video in a second Room, with Zone 2 HDMI supported on inputs 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Use the HDMI Sub Out to connect a second display in another room. This allows you to route 1080p content from the media players connected to your receiver and play it back on another TV with easy smartphone control. Convenient and Easy Control Options
An RS232 input, an IR input, and a 12 Volt Trigger out give the TX-RZ900 virtually unlimited control capabilities.Bluetooth / Wi-Fi® with Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay
The TX-RZ900 has AirPlay, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies built in. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal hi-res audio via network-attached devices to internet streaming services to music on your smartphone and tablet. Or pair up and enjoy whatever's playing on your Bluetooth-compatible device for huge cinematic sound.
It also comes loaded with Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker and TuneIn. You can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone. You'll never be short of your favorite music to enjoy.384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
- Channels: 7.2
- Power Watts/Ch (6 Ohms 1kHz, 1 Channel Driven, FTC): 200, 0.9% THD
- Power Watts/Ch (8 Ohms 20-20kHz, 2 Channels Driven, FTC): 140, 0.08% THD
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology): Yes
- H.C.P.S (High Current Power Supply): Yes (Massive High Power Toroidal Transformer)
- THX Certified: Select2 Plus
- Continuous 6 Ohms Rated: Yes
- Certified 4 Ohms Performance: Yes
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry: Yes
- 3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry: Yes
- PUSH-PULL Design: Yes (Parallel)
- Independent Block Construction (Amp/Preprocessor): Yes
- High-Grade Toroidal Transformer: Yes
- Independent Power Supply: Yes (x3)
- Bi-amp Capability For Front: Yes
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing Engine: Yes
- Dolby Decoder: Atmos, True HD, DD Plus
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS Decoder: DTS: X, DTS-HD Master Audio
- ONKYO GAME Surround Modes: Yes (Rock, Sports, Action, RPG)
- VLSC for Noiseless Audio Processing: Yes
- THX Processing Mode: Yes
- AccuEQ Room Calibration: Yes (Advanced)
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost: Yes (for Deep Bass and Clear Mid-Range)
- Pure Direct Analog Path Mode: YesAdvanced Music Optimizer: Yes (Bluetooth Included)
- 384K/32 Bit DACs: Yes (Asahi Kasei AKM4458)
- Audio I/O: 9 / 0
- Phono Input: Yes
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX): 3 / 2
- Composite Video I/O: 3 / 1
- Component Video I/O: 2 / 1
- Front Panel HDMI: Yes
- USB Input: Yes (Rear)HDMI I/O: 8 / 2
- HDMI 4K/60 Hz- Capable HDMI Terminals: Yes (HDR Support)
- HDCP 2.2 Copy-Protection Compatibility: Yes (5 in / 2 out)
- HDMI Support for High Dynamic Range: Yes
- HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC: Yes
- HDMI Support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync: Yes
- HDMI Support for DVD-Audio, SACD, Multichannel PCM: Yes
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: Yes (from 480i/576i)
- 4K Passthrough: Yes
- Analog Pre-Outs: 7.2
- Powered Zone 2: Yes
- Zone 2 Line Out: Yes (Fixed/Variable)
- Zone 2 Video Out: Yes (HDMI)
- Zone 2 Digital to Analog Audio Conversion: Yes (HDMI, NET, USB)
- Zone 3 Line Out: Yes (Fixed)
- Whole House Mode: Yes
- Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad: Yes
- Airplay: Yes
- Supports Onkyo Remote App: Yes (iPod touch/iPhone and Android-Powered Devices)
- Internet Radio Capable: Yes (Pandora, Spotify, Sirius, Slacker, TuneIn, Deezer)
- Spotify Connect Support: Yes
- Streaming Audio From PC / Network: Yes (DLNA, Home Media)
- Hi-Res Streaming Audio Formats: Yes (Apple Lossless, DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz, Dolby TrueHD, FLAC 192/24, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA)
- Streaming Audio From USB memory: Yes
- Wireless Network: Yes (Wi-Fi-Certified)
- Bluetooth: Yes (Built-in)
- RS-232: Yes
- IR Input: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- ONKYO-RI System Control: Yes
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI): Yes
- 12V Trigger: Yes
- Pre-Pro/Learning Remote: - / ?
- On Screen Remote Programming: Yes
- Hybrid Standby Function: Yes (to Reduce Power Consumption)
- Smart Grid-Ready: Yes
- Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic.: Yes (AccuEQ - Advanced)
- OSD Out: Yes (Advanced "Home" GUI)
- Solid Aluminum Front: Yes
- Transparent High-Grade Speaker Terminals: Yes
- Detachable AC Cord: Yes
- Warranty: 2 YEARS
- All Channels: 200 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven) 140 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven)
- Dynamic Power: 320 W (3 Ohms, Front) 270 W (4 Ohms, Front) 160 W (8 Ohms, Front)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz, Half Power)
- Damping Factor: Over 40 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 Ohms)
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance: 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line) 3.5 mV/47 k-ohms (Phono MM)
- Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance: 1.0 V/470 Ohms (Pre Out) 1.0 V/470 Ohms (Subwoofer Pre Out) 100 mV/2.2 k-ohms (Zone Out) 1.0 V/2.2 k-ohms (Zone Pre Out)
- Maximum RCA Output Level and Impedance:
- Phono Overload: 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Tone Control: ±10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass) ±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106 dB (Line, IHF-A) 80 dB (Phono MM, IHF-A)
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 6 Ohms–16 Ohms
- Video: 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Component Y) 0.7 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR) 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Composite)
- Component Video Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 MHz/+0 dB, -3 dB
- FM: 87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz
- AM: 530 kHz–1,710 kHz
- FM/AM Preset Memory: 40 stations
- Power Supply: AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
- No-Sound Power Consumption: 95 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.15 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 15/16" x 17 1/16" (435 x 201.5 x 433.5 mm) (Height 10 5/16 ? [261.5 mm] with antennas raised)
- Weight: 39.7 lbs. (18 kg)